dccomedyfest!

Hey, DC is funny...just not always on purpose. The FULL-FLEDGED, MULTI-DAY, MULTI-VENUE dccomedyfest arrives August 7-9, 2008!!!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Fest Spotlight On MITCH FATEL!

Just over one week left before the fest and you still want more info on the acts coming to the fest! You've come to the right place. You've already had a chance to meet the people behind POW, MEAT, ELEPHANT LARRY, kevINda, BABY WANTS CANDY, and UPHILL BOTH WAYS. We've even hooked you up with dish from EMO PHILIPS and ROB CANTRELL. But you want more, don't you?

Maybe you want to know how it's all going to end? Maybe you want to know more about Mitch Fatel, co-headliner of our BIG FINALE SHOW at Lisner Auditorium on SATURDAY, APRIL 8 at 9:30PM? You have your tickets don't you? Well okay, well give you some inside scoop on Mitch. But only because you asked so nicely and were so eager to learn more.

Mitch is that comic you know and love for getting away with saying stuff that rest of us can't say in any company. Clever, for sure! Mischievous, yes! Funny, undeniably! And here is your chance to get to know him better. Mitch gave us a few minutes of time and answered the Spotlight Interview questions. Let's see what he had to say on muffins, making the big time, and joining us at the fest:

dccf: We hear that you have a thing for muffins! Where did that come from?

Mitch When I was a child I fell naked into a tray of fresh hot muffins. This defining moment, though painful at the time, changed my life forever.

dccf: What was it like to win "Album cover of the Month" in the February issue of Stuff Magazine for your
Super Retardo CD? Who did you beat to win the honor?

Mitch: I didn't really beat anyone, they just give out an award every month. Suddenly one day all my friends started calling saying "You won best album cover of the month in Stuff" My first thought was "My friends read Stuff?" Then my second thought was how friggin cool it was. The amazing thing about it is you remember working on it months earlier, making choices, agonizing over changes and hoping you're right and that people will dig it. Then one year later to actually see it getting recognized in that fashion is truly a thrill. It's the exact opposite feeling of getting your penis caught in your zipper.

dccf: If you won a Grammy for one of your
comedy CDs, who would thank?

Mitch: Satan for somehow convincing the Grammy committee that a guy writing jokes about putting his secret ingredient on a girls face is some how deserving of an award. (PS: Listen to the track "Secret Ingredient" on
Super Retardo to follow along).

dccf: What would you like to be doing if you hadn't gone into Stand-Up?

Mitch: Hard Time. Seriously though, that wasn't an option. I knew from 5 years old I would be in show business. There was never ever even an inkling of a thought I would be doing anything else but be a stand up. People used to tell me it was a stupid dream and that was the one thing in my life I never cared what people had to say. I just knew.

dccf: What is the strangest complement that you ever received after a show?

Mitch: One time a girl, who was hot by the way, showed me that she had actually peed in her pants. I mention she was hot because it makes the story sexy. Lets be honest if it was Janet Reno saying it, it wouldn't have been a compliment it would have been a very sad and uncomfortable encounter.

dccf: What is the most interesting place you found material for your act?

Mitch: In girls pants. I still can't believe how much more I have to write about Vagina's and Panties. I have just now begun to scratch the surface of material about this wondrous area.

dccf: What was it like to see yourself as a cartoon on Comedy Central's "Dr. Katz"?

Mitch: My greatest honor to date. I used to watch that show and think you're not really a comedian till you've been on Katz's couch. When they called and asked me to do it I felt this sense of arrival. After taping it I went home and threw out my waiters uniform which I had kept for 10 years after starting standup.

dccf: For dccomedyfest audience members who haven't been lucky enough to see you perform yet, what can they expect to see?

Mitch: Time permitting I'm going to make comedy history and make love to one lucky audience member live on stage (never been done before, we're just awaiting the zoning permits).

dccf: Any thing you want us to make sure dccomedyfest blog readers know about you?

Mitch: Honestly, I don't need any more muffins. Every show people have been bringing me dozens of muffins and although it's appreciated I'm beginning to want to puke at the sight of another muffin. Next time just bring me some Sushi.

Now that you have the inside info, come check out Mitch along with Ryan Conner, MEAT, and Demetri Martin. You won't regret it. Although come prepared, if Mitch and our dccomedyfest t-shirts are correct, you'll pee yourself at the 2006 dccomedyfest. And this time it will be from laughing.